Schedule an Event With President Randall
Scheduling Process Steps:
Step 1: Request President Randall's Participation in an Event
Upon completion of the online Event Request Form, the scheduler will respond with the President’s availability. We respectfully require at least 3 days advance notice for video requests and at least 2 months advance notice for virtual/in-person event requests. Any exceptions will be routed to the Chief of Staff for review/approval.
Step 2: Receive Confirmation and Submit Event Information Form
Within two weeks of receiving notice of the President's availability, please fill out and submit the Event Information Form. The scheduler will then confirm your event has been added to the President’s calendar.
Needed Event Information Timeline:
No later than six weeks before the date of your event:
If the invitation to your event is extended in President Randall's name, please schedule an appointment with the President’s event coordinator to go over the details of your event. At this meeting, please be ready to provide the following information:
1. A proposed invitation list, including names and salutations, spouse/partner names, complete mailing addresses, and the affiliation of each to the University (alum, donor, student, etc.)
2. Suggested wording for the invitation
3. Contact name of person supplying talking points for the President. Talking points should include:
- The reason for having the event -- what you hope to accomplish
- The overall message you want the Interim President to convey in his remarks/speech
- Information about people and/or programs being honored/recognized at the event
- If A/V will be available
No later than five working days before your event:
Please provide the event coordinator the following information:
- The final event program
- The final guest list
- Proposed seating for the President’s table. A complete seating chart should be submitted no later than two days before your event. If the event is more than 200 people, only the President’s table seating will be needed.
- A map and directions to the event location and parking (unless the event is at Eccles House)