High school attended/graduation year
Higher ed institutions attended/dates
Which year of college are you in?
Anticipated graduation date
Cumulative GPA (including Fall 2020)
SHORT RESPONSES SECTION: Please number and type your responses to the following questions in a separate document. Keep your responses under 100 words. Upload all of your responses here in a single PDF file.
1. If selected for this opportunity, what do you hope to gain from the experience and what do you hope to contribute?
2. What unique qualities and/or perspectives would you bring to the internship cohort?
3. Are you comfortable helping staff university functions (such as taking coats, parking cars, salting sidewalks) as part of your internship?
4. Are you available for the full 2021-2022 academic year (August to May)? If not, please be specific as to when you will be available.
5. Interns are expected to commit to 10 to 12 hours per week, including help with special events in the evening and weekends. Does this work for you?
6. Weekly seminars with university and community leaders are held each Wednesday from 3-5 p.m. during the academic year. Are you willing and able to adjust your weekly schedule in order to attend the seminars?
7. What difference do you hope to make, with your fellow interns, at the university through a group project during the academic year?
ESSAY SECTION: Please write an essay of 300 words or less on ONE of the following topics on a separate document. Upload your essay here in a single PDF file.
1. How do you hope your college experience will prepare you for a career in community engagement?
2. What experience or person has had a significant influence on your life since coming to the University of Utah? Why?
3. What difficult experience in your life has made you stronger and enlarged your capacity for empathy?
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION: As part of this application, applicants need to submit two letters of recommendation. Please instruct your letter writers to email letters on official letterhead to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by March 12, 2021, by 5 p.m.
• One from a University of Utah teaching faculty member
• One from a community member who knows you from a community service project, a student club advisor, an employer, etc.
Please provide the full name and department/organization of your letter writer. Letters can only be matched to your application if the information provided here is accurate!
NOTE: Letters from friends, family or fellow students will not be considered.
Name of University of Utah teaching faculty member and their department/organization
Name of community member and their organization
RESUME: Please upload a PDF of your resume, not to exceed 2 pages, including:
• Work experience
• Campus activities at the University of Utah or another higher education institution you have attended
• Community activities or service
• Honors and awards you have received
If you are human, leave this field blank.