University of Utah Mission Statement
The University of Utah fosters student success by preparing students from diverse backgrounds for lives of impact as leaders and citizens. We generate and share new knowledge, discoveries, and innovations, and we engage local and global communities to promote education, health, and quality of life. These contributions, in addition to responsible stewardship of our intellectual, physical, and financial resources, ensure the long‐term success and viability of the institution.
University of Utah Core Values
Student success and engagement
- The U is committed to providing the financial assistance, personalized support, and engaged learning experiences that increase access to the university and facilitate persistence through degree completion.
Research and teaching excellence:
- The U engages in cutting-edge teaching and research that foster inter- and trans-disciplinary innovation, creativity, entrepreneurship, and knowledge and technology transfer.
- The U celebrates the rich diversity of people as well as creative and intellectual traditions by being inclusive in every respect.
- The U contributes to a more sustainable world through research, teaching, and demonstrating best practices in protecting and enhancing the natural and built environment on the campus and environs, making it a great place to live, learn, work, play, create, recreate, and visit.
Global vision and strategy
- The U thinks and acts globally by increasing opportunities for students and faculty to engage in international study, teaching, research, and service.
- The U maintains a strong sense of community among students, faculty, and staff, and cultivates meaningful university, neighborhood, city, region, state, and global partnerships.
- The U engages students, faculty, staff, and the larger community in conversations that lead to positive transformation at the local, state, national, and global levels.