If you have a colleague who is a university faculty member and meets the following criteria, please submit a nomination. Nominations from all colleges and departments are strongly encouraged and self-nominations are welcome.
Nominations must be submitted by December 19, 2022.
Scholars will be named January 23, 2023.
University of Utah full-time tenure- and career-line faculty who have been employed at the University of Utah for at least three years prior to the date of their nomination
Taking into account a nominee’s works within the past five years:
- Scholars should demonstrate exposure, reach, and impact of their works beyond the academy, including translating published research to broader audiences and direct sharing of their works and expertise with the public, thought leaders, and policymakers
- Scholars’ works should aim to enhance public discourse, influence public policy, inform or shape public opinion, and otherwise improve our society and individual lives while enhancing the reputation of the university.
- The impact and exposure of a scholars’ works can be local, regional, national, or international.
- Collectively, scholars should reflect the rich diversity of the university and its faculty, including but not limited to disciplines, fields, and methods of study, background, and rank (including career-and tenure-line faculty).
- Illustrative, non-exhaustive examples of qualifying works:
- Op-eds, guest columns, and interviews in state, regional, or national media outlets
- Scholarly works that are translated or repurposed for a general audience
- Books, articles, presentations, talks, podcasts, blogs, videos, art, dance, music or other creative or visual arts produced for the general public or a specific thought leader audience outside academia
- Governmental testimony, expert testimony, amicus briefs, reports, or studies produced for governmental or non-governmental entities
Nominations must be submitted by December 19, 2022, using the nomination form. Scholars will be named January 23, 2023.
Questions, please email email@example.com or call 801-585-9244.